Thursday, June 28, 2012

Feeling Blue-So Sharing to Cheer Myself Up

Hello Scrappers,

I am feeling a little down today.  So...I thought why not share what I made and gave to my Mom on Mother's Day.  I would love to take credit for the idea, but I can't.  This is my version of Laura Dennison's Vintage Suitcase Mini.  I was too lazy to make the suitcase, so I found a smaller suitcase in a second hand store for less than $10.  It had some damage to it, but I just felt that added to the "Vintage" feel.  The paper cover on the inside was coming apart, so I did repaper the inside (which ended up being more of a chore than I thought it would be).  I then made a "larger" mini (Basic Grey Papers and some odds and ends from other lines) for mom's Ireland trip. 

Before:                                                                         After:

For details on Laura's Mini, Visit:  Laura's Mini

Mini:

This is an envelope mini with one of Laura's "Stack The Deck" binding methods.

Inside of Suitcase:













As my dad pointed out to me when I was so excitedly showing this to him, "You got the pocket on crooked."...Thanks dad for that encouragement.  The inside top is taken straight from Laura's.  I cannot take credit for it at all.  Well, I did the cutting and staining...  ;)  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so much more festive and impressive in "real life". It sucks having such a talented sister. You get compared to her all the time. (haha). I never noticed the crooked pocket. I like this idea too b/c our Mom was able to store brochures/pics from her trip, also in the case. It is not too big, and can be used for decoration as well as memories.

    ReplyDelete